What you need:
- Black Dress (H&M)
- White Felt (JOANN's)
- Red Bow-tie (Costume Castle)
- Safety Pins
- Black Nail Polish
- Fun Wedges (Jeffrey Campbell)
Happy (early) Halloween!
Every year I always struggle with what to be for Halloween. I try to be creative and different, so this year I wanted to make my own costume! When I created this I planned on being a penguin, but a friend mentioned that it looks like the cat in the hat. All you need if you want to be cat in the hat, is "the hat." This penguin costume is actually super simple to make, you just need to visit a few stores and get to business.
- Step one is put on Happy Feet movie soundtrack to feel even more inspired!
- Next, buy the items you don't have and put it all out to see.
- Measure out the white felt and use the sharpie to create the circular shape you want.
- Cut out the shape using your scissors.
- Place the shape on your dress, make sure its not too high or too low.
- Using the safety pins, be careful not to poke yourself, attach the shape to the dress.
- Paint nails black. (it just goes, if you are even more creative, make them penguins too)
- Throw on the red bow, heels, and vaula!
Easy peasy, and oh so cute!